Thursday, June 16, 2011

Photo "Friday": June Photos

I got a bit behind on Photo Friday this month, but I've still been taking plenty of pictures! I guess preparing for our friends to come stay with us took more time than I expected. Either way, I want to fill you in on what I've been up to, so I figured this is the best way.

Let's start with last weekend. Jesse and I spent Saturday afternoon on a 7 mile walk along the Potomac River. We started out without a plan, but ended up trekking halfway across the Woodrow Wilson Bridge, which is the bridge that goes over the Potomac River, giving drivers access to Maryland from Virginia. After I begrudgingly made it to the center of the bridge, we stopped to take a few pictures and enjoy the scenery. I didn't realize that we'd be able to catch such a scenic view on our walk, so I didn't bring my regular camera. That being said, we managed to get a good picture of both of us.



And after 5 miles of walking, we treated ourselves to these wonderfully greasy burgers from BGR in Old Town. I'd usually feel pretty guilty about such a splurge, but realizing that we still had to walk another 2 miles to get back to our car, I wasted no time digging in! :)


That night, Jesse and I decided to enjoy the perks of being a homeowner, by sitting out on our deck, drinking beer and listening to music. We even brought Rooney out with us to enjoy the summer breeze.


Sunday was spent enjoying a wonderful Sunday dinner with the boys - Chicken Parmesan.


Oh, and in case you're wondering ... Buster 2 is still kickin'. I've had to move him around at least twice a day (to prevent Rooney from eating him), but he spends most of the time out on our back deck. I'm planning to try a new recipe this weekend that calls for basil, so I'll let you know how it turns out soon.


A majority of this past week was spent preparing for house guests. Our biggest accomplishment was finishing a batch of homemade sauce (Jesse's family's recipe). Jesse has made the sauce several times before, but this time around we wanted to make meatballs, so we both pitched in. I think we both really enjoyed making it, but enjoyed eating it even more!


Our other "accomplishment" of the week was stocking up our liquor cabinet. Apparently, when three guys are staying at your place, it requires mass amounts of alcohol. A good time was had by all. :)



I also took a few pictures this month with the intention of working on my photography skills. I've really enjoyed looking at everything from a different angle and then playing with Instagram to get the mood I want to represent in each picture. Here's a sample of what I mean ...

Racing home to beat the storm at the end of my workout

yellow squash at the Farmer's Market

Waiting in line for the roller coaster at Hershey Park

Beautiful barn in York, PA

deer sighting in my neighborhood

But at the end of the day, I think my favorite subject to shoot is the Roon-dog. He is always getting into something new and I've really enjoyed the challenge of capturing him in action.

rolling around

his best "begging" face - trying to get a bite of turkey from me

rolling around in the media center ... again!

"helping" me sand the buffet

I have a few more pictures to show you, but I'll save them for tomorrow so I can get back on track for Photo Fridays.  Oh, and speaking of Friday, I get to go on a private tour of the US Capitol Building tomorrow. I'm really excited to cross that off my Things-to-do-in-DC list and I'm hoping that I'll be able to take some neat pictures! Do you have big plans this weekend?

Photos edited Instagram, an iPhone app. Follow my photo feed at lilsuzy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love for you to leave me a comment! It's a great way to interact with all of you (and to confirm that I have readers). I hope you enjoyed this post and I look forward to hearing from you soon!