Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Front Yard Landscaping: After Photos

I promised better pictures of our post-makeover yard, and even though I want to add a few more flowers to the mulched area, it's looking a lot better! I planted the impatients after Jesse got home last night and then he laid mulch over the entire area. By the time we got started, Drew had arrived for Sunday Monday Dinner, so he pitched in by sweeping up the mess after we finished and watering everything for the first time. Everything looks so bright and clean now, and it makes me very happy tonight!

As a reminder, here are the pictures of our yard before we got started this weekend:



And after several hours of digging, planting and mulching here's what we ended up with:




And here's Drew on clean-up:

Thanks for helping, Drew!

After another 95-degree day (DC has been under a heat advisory for the last few days - unbelievable for May!), I went back out to water again after work tonight. Everything still looks great and I can't wait for the impatients to bloom (I think I'm a little to impatient for impatients!)

It's such a great feeling to be proud of our lawn ... now I just need to keep it all alive! 

I'll leave you with a few close-ups of our pretty blooms. :)

Ooooohhh .....

{Does anyone know what this is? We can't figure it out!}
Aaahhhh ...

4 comments:

  1. I think what you have there is an ice plant. We have them in our yard and they grow close to the ground. I love them! One small plant can spread across a lot of space in a short amount of time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charmaine, you are so right!! I just googled "ice plant" and all of the images look just like ours. Thanks for solving the mystery for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. just had to note that I am NOT wearing jean shorts in that picture...sort of looks like it though. I'll be taking them back today. thanks for ruining my day, susan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Drew, you said that you were excited about being featured on my blog, but now I'm getting reprimanded for it?! That hurts. From now on, you should probably wear your Sunday best to Sunday dinners just in case you make it into another picture! :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love for you to leave me a comment! It's a great way to interact with all of you (and to confirm that I have readers). I hope you enjoyed this post and I look forward to hearing from you soon!