Friday, May 6, 2011

Photo Friday

Happy Friday! Things have been crazy around here this week. I'm getting ready to go to a conference, where I'll be managing registration for 1,500 attendees. Needless to say, work has been a little intense. But that didn't stop me from clicking away this week, so here's a little glimpse at what I've been up to.

As I mentioned in my last Photo Friday, I met up with my friend Kelsey on Friday night. She was in Korea for the last year, so we had an epic night of reuniting, which included dinner in Dupont and going to the Caps game (thanks, Drew!).



And of course, I spent most of Saturday and Sunday completing my first furniture redo!


Speaking of furniture, I can't wait to work on this little beauty
I put her in our living room for now and every time I pass by, it stops me in my tracks. :)



As for food, I made this bangin' dinner on Monday night and I already can't wait to make it again.
(btw, the leftovers were just as good as the original meal)


I also labored over these lasagna roll-ups this week. 
There's a lot involved in putting them together, but it's SO worth it!
 I'll post the recipe soon, I promise.


Moving on to the nature/outdoor scene this week, the weather has been fluctuating a lot. 
It's been mostly sunny around here, but chillier than previous weeks. 

One night when I got off the metro, I looked one direction and saw this:


And when I looked the other direction, I saw this:

I heart rainbows. They are just so amazing!

We did have one day where I got to whip out my umbrella, 
but when your umbrella looks like this, it's not too bad! :)



 Aside from the one rainy day, most of the week was sunny!


As for work, it's mostly been a blur! 
I think this picture of my morning commute explains how I've felt all week.


So today, I rewarded myself with a treat from Starbucks.
1-pump raspberry short soy latte - the perfect answer to my problems.


And what do I get for trying to reward myself?
This mess. 


Apparently my dry-erase board fell last night and knocked all the papers off my desk. Sweet.


The most exciting news of the week is that I'm an aunt for the 12th time! My sister-in-law delivered a sweet baby boy on Monday, May 2nd. They named him Sunil and will call him Sunny. 
I haven't met him yet, but he sure looks precious!

taken by brother-in-law, Neil

Speaking of babies, here is what my baby has been up to this week!

"What? I'm just lounging in the media center. That's normal, right?" 
"Don't mind me, just getting a better view"

"Help, I'm trapped!"

"This is my fridge - back off"

"mmmmm fly swatters ... my favorite!"

Can you guys think of any good captions for the Rooney pics? If so, bring 'em on!

Like I said in the beginning of the post, I'm heading out of town for the next 9 days, so I might be a little MIA next week. I'm relying on Jesse to hold down the fort at home, but I don't think he counts blogging as part of the responsibility - I'll ask. :)

Most of my photos are edited using the iPhone app, Instagram. You can follow my photo feed at lilsuzy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love for you to leave me a comment! It's a great way to interact with all of you (and to confirm that I have readers). I hope you enjoyed this post and I look forward to hearing from you soon!