Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!


Mom,
I want you to know how much I love you! You are an amazing mom to all five of us girls and I can't put into words how grateful I am to be your daughter. I want the whole world to know how much you mean to me, and what you've done to make me the person I am today. Your creativity drives me to try new things, your strength pushes me to try my hardest, and your compassion towards others has shown me what unconditional love is. You are such an inspiration to me - more than you will ever know - and having you as my mom makes me feel like the luckiest girl in the world.

I love how we can call each other with nothing to say, and end up talking for hours about furniture, family, and how we're still trying to clean our houses. I knew I wanted to grow up to be like you, but didn't realize how much I've always been like you, until I moved out to DC. Distance makes the heart grow fonder, and it also makes you see things that you didn't realize before. Like you, I can talk to just about anyone, including bank tellers, cashiers, and random women at the grocery store. Like you, I love to start a new project without really knowing where it might take me (or how long, for that matter). And like you, I gasp (loudly) whenever I have even the slightest fear that someone might get hurt or that something bad is about to happen. :)

But even as much as we are alike, there are so many ways I will always strive to be more like you. I can only hope that I will be half the wife, mother and grandmother you are to our family. You are always there to lend a helping hand, a shoulder to cry on, or an ear to listen. Thank you for always being there and supporting me through the best and worst parts of my life.

I can't thank you enough for being such a truly amazing mom!

Happy Mother's Day!

xoxo,
 your baby
& your favorite daughter :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love for you to leave me a comment! It's a great way to interact with all of you (and to confirm that I have readers). I hope you enjoyed this post and I look forward to hearing from you soon!