Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Survey Says (drum roll please) ......

Note: For the sake of this post, we're going to pretend that I got 600 votes in my buffet survey instead of just 6. Now don't get me wrong, I'm actually really thrilled that I got as many comments as I did (even if I did have to harass a few people), and even more thrilled to see that a few fellow bloggers took the time to check me out! So here we go ....

Ok, I was really hoping for blow-out results. Like the type of results you see on People's Fashion Faceoff  when the answer is SO obvious:

Kate, don't you know the neutral rule? You need at least one pop of color.
(and the black tips on your shoes don't cut it)
Monica clearly takes the cake on this one - way to keep it classy!

Anyway, back to the subject at hand ... I was hoping for blow-out results so that I wouldn't have to make a decision. You see, I've been struggling to narrow down my options, and I keep going back and forth on my favorites.

It looks like your top contenders are the dark/white combination, antique white and antique color. Lucky for me, those were my top three choices to start with. It looks like I'm on the right track. Unlucky for me, this doesn't exactly help me narrow it down. I'm really leaning towards a dark/light combination, but I'm not sure if that combo will be white or another color ... decisions, decisions!

I still have a few weeks to decide, so I'll probably do a little more research to figure out which method will be the easiest. I might even do some more digging around the ole' internet to see if inspiration strikes. Here's a little inspiration that I found last night ...

source

I love how the wood on the table matches the wood top on the china cabinet, but they mixed it up by painting the chairs white and the cabinet gray. I really must be leaning towards the dark/light combo.

But before I can even start this project, I sort of need to acquire a sander. (That's right, I don't own any of the necessary tools to start this project.) I've asked a few friends, but so far I'm coming up empty-handed (literally!).  I do have one promising option, which is Drew's parents, but I'll have to wait and see if they have one.

If not, it's off to Home Depot I go, which means I have some research to do. Thank God for the Internet!

source

I glanced at HD's website and was pleasantly surprised to find out that I can get one for under $50. I figured I would have to invest a ton of money, but I can deal with $50. The one above is the first one I saw on their website, so it's not necessarily something I'm looking at. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Well I'm off to go watch Jesse play in his first soccer game since the ACL tear and repair - wish him luck! And wish my hair luck because it's raining out there!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love for you to leave me a comment! It's a great way to interact with all of you (and to confirm that I have readers). I hope you enjoyed this post and I look forward to hearing from you soon!