Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Won't you be my neighbor?

When we bought our house back in 2009, I quickly identified my favorite home stores to start furnishing our home. Among my favorites are Home Depot, World Market, Target, Pottery Barn, Home Goods, TJ Maxx and Bed Bath & Beyond. Lucky for me, five of those stores are located within four miles of my house, along with a Habitat for Humanity Restore, Marshalls and two different Wal-Marts. The unfortunate part is that the three missing stores are my top favorites - Pottery Barn (PB), World Market and Home Goods (HG). While I can easily shop PB and World Market online, HG is a hit-or-miss store with no online shopping opportunities.

I've dreamed about getting an HG close by ever since we moved here, but figured we didn't stand a chance with all of the other popular home stores nearby. And it doesn't help that there's an HG in Kingstowne - which is only 20 minutes away. But to my defense that shopping center is always packed, making it impossible to find anything good, much less a parking space!


Hmmmm, I bet you're wondering why I'm showing you a picture of an empty store front aren't you? Aren't you?! Well if you guessed that it's the future home of a Home Goods, then you'd be right! All of my wishing, hoping and dreaming is finally paying off and HG is getting ready to park their happy-little-home-decor-selling-bum right down the street from me. I'm talking less than a mile away! I can literally see it from the parking lot of my gym. Do I see more motivation to workout? Maybe I should start my own rewards program - every five times I go to the gym, I get to buy one item from HG. I should probably go talk to the husband about this program ASAP!

And here's the sign that drew my eye to the store front:



Now they just need to tell me what they mean by soon? Next week, April, two months from now??? I can hardly take it! Oh Home Goods, you'll be such a good neighbor. Please come next week soon!


P.S. See how I edited my pictures here, and then go follow me - lilsuzy - on Instagram! :)

1 comment:

  1. OOOh a Homegoods! with all those stores I love around you, I would be in trouble!! talk to the hubby about your plan!! :) I am checking out how you edited your photos right now! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love for you to leave me a comment! It's a great way to interact with all of you (and to confirm that I have readers). I hope you enjoyed this post and I look forward to hearing from you soon!