Thursday, October 21, 2010

Oh Happy Day!

Ok, don't be disappointed, but this post is not about the sunroom.


However, it is about something VERY important.


(For those of you wondering what's going to happen to the final sunroom post, don't worry it'll be coming tomorrow! Cross my heart!)


Anyway, back to the important stuff ........


drumroll please .........


bbbbbddddddddddddddddddrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr (that's the drumroll)


Buster is 100 days old!


Let's take a little walk down memory lane to see how much he's grown and the hardships he's overcome. (I know, I'm so cheesy!)


Day 1: I spotted this basil plant at Whole Foods and brought the little guy home with me. Read all about my plant challenge and date tracker here.




Day 17: I left my little plant out in the rain and thought I lost him. Read about my total fail in this post.




Day 30: My little plant recovered so I give him an official name ... introducing Buster! And if you read the entire fail post, you'll see how Buster got his name.




Day 45: Buster kept getting stronger so I decided to give him a permanent home. Welcome to your new house Buster!




Day 100: He hasn't been quite as green since summer ended, but he is still growing and every time I check he has more leaves! I've been able to use the fresh basil in so many wonderful dishes, like my grilled margherita pizza and summer pasta creations. I can't wait to see what I come up with this fall! I'm dreaming of the day he has enough leaves to make fresh pesto, but I'm going to have to be patient because he still has a long way to go grow! :)




Happy 100 days, Buster! 
And here's to the next 100! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love for you to leave me a comment! It's a great way to interact with all of you (and to confirm that I have readers). I hope you enjoyed this post and I look forward to hearing from you soon!